Last updated May 5, 2020
HOW WE MAY COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Source of Information. The personal information we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Services, the choices you make, and the products and features you use.
Use of products and services. When you access our Services, records of your visit are automatically created. These records typically include IP-address(es), access times, the sites linked from, pages visited, the links and features used, the content viewed or requested, browser or application type, language preferences, and other such information.
The personal information we collect can include the following:
Information You Give Us. We collect your name, postal address, email address, phone number, fax number, username, password as well as other information you directly give us on our Site or through communication channels such as email or API calls.
Information We Get from Others. We may get information about you from other sources. Generally, this is done after you have given others permission to share your information with us. We may add this to information we get from this Site or from Services we provide. Information we get from others includes: Department of Transportation (DOT) number, vehicle identification number (VIN), driver’s license information, tax ID, NAICS code number, insurance policy information, and other third party account information.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times, and information about your use of and actions on our Site.
Positioning and Location data. Location-based services establish the location of devices that send data to us through the use of satellite, mobile, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth Low Energy, or other network-based positioning methods. These technologies may involve exchanging your location data and unique device and mobile, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or other network related identifiers with us. We do not use this information to identify you personally without your consent. When you use our location-based services and features, navigation and routing, or request for map data, your location data is sent to us to serve you with the correct content for your account with SpeedGauge.
Information Provided by Partners. We obtain information from industry partners. We require these sources of data to comply with applicable laws with regard to collecting and transferring this data to us, including ensuring that there is a legal basis for the transfer or anonymizing the data in accordance with applicable laws prior to disclosure of the data to us.
Product and Service Activations. Our services may require electronic activation, where your device and application type, as well as unique device, application, network, and subscription identifiers are sent to us. This information is not optional for use of SpeedGauge product(s).
Categories of Personal Information We Collect and Process: We do not sell, lease, rent, or otherwise disclose your personal data to third parties unless otherwise stated below.
HOW WE MAY USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use the personal information we collect to:
- Manage your accounts.
- Deliver services to you.
- Facilitate your account creation and logon process.
- Perform a contract with you.
- Respond to your inquiries and to offer you support to solve any issues you might have with the use of our Services.
- Operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
- Send you information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- Send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third-party service providers may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see, “Your Privacy Rights” below).
- Send administrative information to you about service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Fulfill and manage yourpayments made through the Services.
- Request feedback from you and to contact you about your use of our Services.
- Protect our Services; for example, fraud monitoring and prevention.
- Enforce our terms, conditions, and policies for business purposes and legal reasons.
- Respond to legal requests and to prevent harm.
- For other Business Purposes: such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and to evaluate and improve our Services, products, marketing and your experience. We may use and store this information in an aggregated and/or anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
HOW WE MAY SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may process or share your personal information:
- Consent: if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: we may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with the law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national and/or international security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: we may disclose your information if we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
We may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include (but are not limited to): payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Services, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Services over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- We may share your personal data with authorized third parties who process personal data for us for the purposes described in this Policy. When you purchase our Services from a third-party, we may need to exchange information with them to provide you with the Service.
- We may conduct joint marketing and other communications with our partners. To avoid duplicate or unnecessary communications and to tailor the message to you, we may need to match information that we have collected with information that the partner has collected where this is permitted by law.
- These authorized third parties are not permitted to use your personal data for any other purposes. We bind them contractually, require them to act consistently with this Policy and to use appropriate security measures to protect your personal data.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process or retain your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, we cannot guarantee that the internet is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Services is at your own risk. You should only access the Services within a secure environment.
WE DO NOT COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS
We do not solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 18 years of age. If we learn that personal information from users under 18 years old has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from someone under age 18, contact us at email@example.com.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you would like to review or change the information in your account, you can log into your account settings and update your user account at www.speedgauge.net. If your account was created directly with us, then to terminate your account, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you created your account through a third-party provider (e.g., your TSP), you will need to contact the third-party provider. If you are an employee whose account was created by, or controlled by, your employer, you will need to contact your employer.
Opting out of email marketing:You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send, or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account.
CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
SpeedGauge is headquartered in the United States of America and our Services are primarily directed to users located in the U.S.A.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) by email at email@example.com or by mail to:
1390 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94102